What’s your typical response when your kiddos start melting down? I hear the word “meltdown” and I swear my eye starts to twitch. And I know I’m not alone!
Chances are, regardless of how well we handle them, our kids’ big emotions can be triggering.
In today’s episode, Kaili Zeiher, pediatric occupational therapist and host of the podcast Chaos to Connected, joins me to talk through the tools we need to tackle our children’s challenging behaviors in a healthy and effective way.
She teaches us how to address some of the toughest parenting moments with our kids while validating their feelings and helping them develop their self-regulation skills.
Three things you’ll learn in this episode:
- How we can overcome triggers when faced with our kids’ challenging behavior
- The most effective sequence for holding space for a child’s emotions while teach self-regulation skills
- Ways to implement connection-focused strategies when encountering difficult behaviors that build trust and safety
To connect with Kaili, head to:
- Instagram: @kaili.zeiher
- Podcast: Connected to Chaos
- Product: Meltdown Management Mini Training
Have a question you’d love Michelle to answer on the podcast? “Ask Michelle a Question.” Click this link, record your message, hit send, and I’ll answer it in a future episode!